ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library and is a collection of best practices in the area of technology infrastructure. ITIL is a recognized international standard for the IT service management profession. It contains established norms, methods, processes, and practices. ITL standards provide guidelines for managing IT services, creating IT service capabilities and enhancing IT service management.
The importance of IT services and IT infrastructure to an organization cannot be under estimated in the current business environment. The increasing acceptance of a process based approach to managing IT indicates that the application of appropriate knowledge, skills, processes, tools and techniques can have a significant impact on business success.
Our ITIL courses aim to improve the quality of the IT sector, IT users and IT professionals by means of quality education. Our education offering takes into account the linkage in strategic, tactical and operational functions within an organization. This makes it easy for participants to envisage a customized ICT service management methodology for their organization.
Key benefits of learning about ITIL best practices include
- Higher Quality in ICT service management
- Reduced Cost of IT Operations
- Reduced time for IT deliverable
In addition to the above benefits, ITIL also addresses risks, resources and quality leading to a overall improvement in productivity and efficiency in the way IT is implemented
ITIL processes can be used in most IT environments and their usage has been proven to enhance the success of IT service management. In most organizations IT services are an ongoing effort with generally repetitive outputs. The goal of ITIL is to create an environment where existing IT procedures are efficient and optimized and aligned with the business.
iKompass ITIL Foundation Training
iKompass ITIL Foundation Course
Our foundation course covers core principles and processes of ITIL which is service lifecycle based. The course is designed around the principle that a strategy begins with the customer's desired outcomes. “Customers don't buy products; they buy the satisfaction of particular needs.” This means that what the customer values is often different from what the service provider thinks he or she provides. Our ITIL foundation course aims to bridge the gap in customer desired outcomes and service provider offering to fulfill demands.
Our course addresses IT needs around recent developments such as outsourcing, globalization, open source and the web.
Why you or your staff should care about ITIL? To avoid......
- Unacceptable levels of service availability
- Unclear and uncontrolled service costs
- Inability to respond to changing business needs
- Ineffective service improvement programs
- Inconsistent reporting of service performance
- Inability to react effectively to major service events or crisis
- Perception of poor quality and inconsistent ways of working
- Inability to demonstrate regularly compliance (SOX)
- Unclear compliance against software license agreements
- Complex infrastructure and unclear end-to-end IT services
iKompass | ITIL Service Strategy
ITIL Foundation course Concepts
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
1. Service Strategy
This includes defining the market, developing the offerings, developing the strategic assets and preparing the organization for execution through the entire Service Lifecycle.
2. Service Design
This includes the design of appropriate and innovative ICT services (including their architectures, processes, policies and documentation) to meet current and future agreed business requirements.
3. Service Transition
This includes taking the Design and transitioning the Service, or Changed Service, into operations. Also includes managing and coordinating the systems, functions and activities required for the building, testing and deployment of a 'Release' into production.
4. Service Operation
This includes fulfilling all activities required to provide and support services including responding to operational needs in Business and Technology. Ensure effective functioning of the components supporting the service, so that the customer (business) achieves his/her goals.
5. Continual Service Improvement
This includes comparing Service Level Achievements to Service Level Agreements and to recommend & execute improvements in all phases of the lifecycle. This is done using the Plan-Do-Check-Act circle of Deming, based on having a consolidation-phase for each improvement.
The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management.
In addition to the service lifecycle, the foundation course covers comprehension and awareness on the following topics
- Key Principles and Models
- Generic Concepts
- Selected Processes
- Selected Roles
- Selected Functions
- Technology and Architecture
- ITIL Qualification scheme
iKompass ITIL Foundation Training | Course Syllabus
iKompass ITIL Foundation Certificate c-PREP (Classroom preparation)
Students are expected to complete all the units and activities and successfully pass the corresponding examination to achieve certification. The course covers knowledge about ICT Infrastructure which consists of all hardware-and software and computer related telecommunication components, documentation and procedures in an organization, upon which the applications (ICT-services) are built and operational.
Key to successful implementation of ITIL in an organization is having management commitment and raising awareness of ITIL with all the departments and functions. The ITIL foundation course raises awareness of ITIL and its benefits for staff and acts as a catalyst to organization wide deployment of best practices
General benefits of getting ITIL trained include application of knowledge and tools for
- Integration of business and IT-value (BIT); establish the integration of business strategy with ICT service strategy ; better use of IT investments
- Improved productivity, reduced costs by more effective use of skills and experience
- Improved delivery of third party services through the specification of ITIL as the standard for service delivery in services procurement
- Improved IT services through the use of proven best practice processes
- Improved customer satisfaction through a more professional approach to service delivery
- Providing a standard approach
- Justifying costs of improving service management
- ITIL Exam (benchmark-exam)
- Introduction to ITIL
- Phase-1 : Service Strategy (SS)
- Phase-2 : Service Design (SD)
- Service Strategy & Service Design Exam Questions
- Review of Day 1
- Phase-3 : Service Transition (ST)
- Phase-4 : Service Operation (SO)
- Phase-5 : Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement Exam Questions
- Common Service Management Problems
- ITIL Simulation Exam
- Explanation on exam-questions
- Second ITIL Simulation Exam
- Explanation on exam-questions
ITIL Exam tests the IT Professionals knowledge on understanding what the business does, provide a portfolio of services that matches and supports the business services, and continually adjust to be able to react to market pressures and demands.
30 days access to ITIL Foundation E-Learning
Our ITIL Foundation e-PREP is an online course with over 18 hours of engaging, multimedia content. This course is an independent course in itself and is used as a primary study guide for passing the foundation exam. Created by IT experts with over 20 years of industry experience, this course uses a case study based approach to illustrate key concepts. The course at a high level contains:
- 20 Hours of Self Paced Multimedia content
- 100% audio enabled
- Sample Practice Questions
- Illustrations and case studies
- On screen animations to highlight key points
ITIL Online Training | E Learning
iKompass ITIL Foundation Certificate e-PREP (Online preparation)
Created by ITIL certified instructors, the ITIL Foundation online course by iKompass is designed in such a way that it covers all the material that a participant would ever need to take the exam. The online training by iKompass is made of 20 hours of ITIL courseware with voice, animations, multi-media and simulations.
Primarily based on the 5 ITIL core books, the iKompass online ITIL course contains case studies covering banking, IT, software, construction, government, and manufacturing and telecommunications industries. The self paced course is broken into modules with each module containing exam questions to test learner's knowledge of the concepts.
What learners will get from the ITIL Foundation e-learning course
- 20 Hours of Multimedia flash based content
- Illustrations with audio and animations
- Case studies and examples
- Simulation exams
- ITIL foundation questions
- Instructor support
The online course is developed to provide all the material needed to pass the ITIL foundation exam. Students can pace their studies based on their convenience and knowledge absorption.
ITIL Foundation e-PREP syllabus
- Introduction to Service Management
- Service Lifecycle
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transitions
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvements
- Key Terminology
- Principles and Models of Service Management
- ITIL Processes
- IT Functions
- ITIL Qualification Scheme
- Simulation Exam
ITIL Foundation Exam
The ITIL Foundation exam tests a candidate's knowledge about the ITIL best practices. This includes knowledge of the service lifecycle, terminology, functions, processes and roles. The exam is commonly computer based and taken at a prometric center.